Monday, April 23, 2007

Ugh.

I'm back from a failed shot at some 10/20NL.

I bought in for $750, and lasted about 15hands.

I got all my money in preflop with 2kings versus AK, and dude spiked an Ace on the river. GG ME! I'm about a 70% fav. there, but obv. I can't hold up when it counts.

For what it's worth, this is probably close to twice as much as I've ever lost in a single hand.

I suppose the only positive I can take from this is that I didn't even flinch. I didn't yell, curse, or do anything. I just kind of rolled my eyes and smiled. I got my money in as a big favourite, and I'll look at this as just something evening my luck out (see last post).

I'm thinking my $10k month is a little out of reach now, but time will tell.

I don't want to look, but I'm probably around:

$5500/$10,000

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

How is that a failed shot? That was success.. it just doesn't feel like it.

Anonymous said...

haha, its like when you are short stacked in a big tourney and you aces get cracked by the big stack's K7 off. Luck is never there when you need it, then sometimes when you act the fool things just fall your way.
I've hit similar walls trying to sandbag the higher stakes omaha cash game levels when coming in short. But then nothing in Omaha is a beat, lol.

the_main said...

I like that line of thinking actually. I mean, I got my money in ahead and that is a success in itself. Not sure if you'll see me back there any time soon, but playing at those stakes makes playing $200NL so much easier.... even if it was just for 15hands ;)