Friday, August 31, 2007

bali trip report

Better late than never right?

Well, I got back a week ago, and it was a great trip. I've never really been on a vacation this long with my girlfriend before, so I was a little worried, but it worked out beautifully. We got along really well and she is a great traveller. I've heard horror stories about koreans abroad, and she definitely didn't fall into line with those stereotypes.

We showed up Friday night in Bali at about 11pm. We didn't get to the hard rock hotel until about 1am. Densapar airport was a mess, and it took sooo long to get through all the loopholes.

But whatever, someone from the hotel picked us up at the airport, we got there, checked in, and headed up to our room. We selected this 'honeymoon' package because it was good value, and it was a good decision. They kept doing little romantic things for us all week.

Such as, the bed:

(those are rose pedals btw)

Anyways, we celebrated in honeymoon style, and then went to bed.

We decided on hitting the beach Saturday, because it was forcasted to be the nicest day. Maybe a mistake in retrospect, because I ended up with a sunburned stomach for the rest of the trip. It was annoying at times, but whatever, I manned up.

The beach was cool. We did a bunch of water sports, like water skiing and a form of parasailing (called the flying fish... I dunno how to explain it).

(me rockin' the jetski)

We went back to the hotel and chilled for a bit, but I booked dinner reservations at this famous place where you eat dinner on the beach and watch the sun set over the ocean. The food was really great there and the girlfriend thought it was super romantic. After that we were pretty tired, and had an early day planned for Sunday.

(nice lobster I choose, was awesome)

Sunday we hired a local driver to take us around and show us some stuff. He took us to a bunch of temples, to see this monkey temple and showed us a lot about Balinese people really live. Then we hit up a spa and hooked up some sweet 2hr massages.

A small taste from the trip:

And some pics from that day:

(hindu temple)

(hindus cleansing body and mind)

(me chillin' with my boys)

(Me lettin' my g/f go first over safe bridges)

We didn't get back until 10pm and were pretty spent after that. So we just went for a nice dinner and went to bed.

The next day we did this tour in a landrover to 2 other couples. It was cool. We went up some mountain and ate in the forest restaurant. Food was great, and so was service. The rice terraces were just amazing to see:

The tour wasn't that great overall, but whatever, it had its perks.
The next day we did a bunch of shopping, and then hit up this romantic boat cruise with a sunset dinner. Kind of sucked because it was cloudy and the sunset was nothing special. They did a live cabaret show on the boat which was interesting and entertaining. Ended the night with some live music at the hard rock:

The next day we did some shopping, hit up the beach again, and then just chilled at the pool. Our flight was at midnight that night, so we just waited it out.

Flight was good, and we got home safe.

I feel like I'm missing a day in there or something, but you get the gist. :)

hope u enjoyed the pics!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More pics of u in bathing suit plz
Oh and add some of ur gf also