Thursday, May 24, 2007

new book

One of the best things about being back in Canada is that I can get my hands on good books.
I love to read.

ANyways, I was at the book store and picked up a new novel. I read through the first 20 pages and was absoultely hooked -- I just couldnt put it down.

So lets play a little game.

Guess the book!

Some hints:
It's a novel
Published in last 5 years.
Nothing to do with poker
Was a best seller
My favourite novelist is chuck palahniuk (but its not one of his books)

new hints:
The story is told in the first person.
The main character is 'special'.

If anyone manages to guess it, I'll send you $10 on stars or some other site.


1 guess per person please. I'll let this run until monday or tuesday, and then give another hint and re-open the guessing for all those who have guessed once. Anonymous guesses should leave a contact.

good luck!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it a Hunter S. Thompson book?

the_main said...

Arn't his books based mostly from his life experiences?

Anonymous said...

neat idea

Anonymous said...

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Steve

the_main said...

If you make an anonymous comment, you should at least include contact info -- i'm gonna have no idea who to ship money too.

Anonymous said...

Your hints arent enough to nail it, and although I know this guess is way off because its not like Chucky P, I'll need another hint before I can guess again.

So here goes:

Cell, by Stephen King?


-DMD

the_main said...

DMD,

Weird, that book is actually sitting on top of my computer. But my sister gave it to me when I got back, it's not the one I'm talking about.

I realize this is tough, I'm going to add another hint.

BIGSCOOPZ said...

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
by Bobby Henderson ?

Anonymous said...

not in it for the money. liked bigscoopz angleshot, typical poker chiseler.
Steve

BIGSCOOPZ said...

lol suck my DICK steve that was a LEGIT guess!

Anonymous said...

bigscoopz, u come up with the same answer 12 hours later, doh.
Re: your dick, cut it off and mail it to me, I'm in the UK. Or post a piccie and I promise to lick it.

Steve.
More clues main plz.