Wednesday, May 09, 2007

200k VPPs

I hit the 200K VPP mark on stars today, which only took about 320,000 hands. ;)

So I get a $2k bonus for reaching that mark. These milestone bonuses are really exciting, I can't wait to hit the 750k mark for the $7500 bonus.

It was nice to get this because the month hasn't been going to well. I ran a calculation on the hands where I hand over 80% equity when the money went in, and my expected value was $926 more than what I have. That's like five buyins I should have that I don't. Ouch.

Anyways, it's good to know that I'm playing well and just getting unlucky. It'll pass soon I hope.

4 comments:

BIGSCOOPZ said...

nice blog... and nice work on that bonus!... i wish i had more time to play for that bonus... i think i play just enough to maintain my goldstar stat at this moment..
anywayz i have started up a blog...
add me to ur link... i added urs..
take it ezee

The 80th Minute said...

Whooh, great bonus and that for only 320.000 hands J. Can only dream from such a bonus. How did it take you to reach this bonus?

Cheers,
Dremeber
http://dremeber.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I ran a calculation on the hands where I hand over 80% equity when the money went in, and my expected value was $926 more than what I have. That's like five buyins I should have that I don't. Ouch.

--

Thats a lot of Sklansky bucks.

Cool blog, I just found it the other day and will start following it. I'm an Edmontonian who might be spending some time in S. Korea teaching as well, and another poker fanatic. Keep it up.

-DMD

the_main said...

Thanks guys.

Anonymous,
South Korea is pretty awesome, but it depends what you're looking for. You should look into teaching jobs in japan as well.

Drember,
It took me all year to reach the bonus.