Sunday, July 22, 2007

time to get fu#^*@%in motivated

I'm in the midst of a decent sized downswing. I'd guess I'm down like $2,000 - $2,500 this week. It's been getting to me a bit, but I'm fine and the month should still end up being decent I hope.

So yeah, as my title suggests, it's time to get my ass in gear.

2 things.

Play LOTS of hands.
Get in shape.

I said I bought an exercise bike about a month ago. I've put about 25km on it. Lame.
But I think I've realized my problem. I'm a numbers guys, I need results. So I went out and bought a fancy scale that tells me body fat and stuff. So at least now I can set some goals.

I got on the scale this morning, and I'm 88.6kg, with 30% body fat (lol).
My trip to Bali is in less than a month (.

Goal #1 - Lose 4kg and drop down to at least 85.6Kg before I leave (August 17th).*

I have no clue how fast I can drop body fat, so I'll evaluate and set some goals when I return.

Goal # 2 - Play 90k hands before I leave (4k hands/day, pretty much).

Now, it's all fine and dandy to set goals. I've done it before, came up short and had nothing to worry about.

So here's where it gets interesting:

If i DO NOT reach BOTH goals, I will send $50 to the first 20 people who leave a comment (you must have a verifiable blogger account)

Let the comments roll in.

*ediT: I've made some changes to my first goal. See above post, but I'm gonna do 300km on my bike instead.

21 comments:

Tommy_W said...

Sweet, I'll be waiting for the $50. Thanks

Wombol said...

good luck!

the_main said...

Lol tommy you still owe me like $200 :)

Bluff2win said...

i hope you reach ur goals but i wouldn't mind $50 if you don't :)

Littleacornman said...

Hard to resist leaving a comment so here it is! Good/average luck with your plan :-)

pokercade said...

New to this gl in ure challenge

BIGSCOOPZ said...

lol main.. ur jokes... u dont have to send me $50... but good luck bro... i think im goin back to tdot for few weeks in august yay... found out about this poker spot in north york... its called Da Clinic lol... i heard from my bro that juicy 2/5 nl games run there...lol anywayz... gl again..
ttyl

OReally said...

Best of luck, but having been through the whole weight loss thing, I must say that 4 kg in a bit less than a month is not realistic and even if you achieve it, it is not healthy nor is it sustainable. I went from 97kg to 80 in 11 months using an exercise bicycle and changing my eating habits.

For the sake of your health I recommend rethinking the weight loss goal. Hope you do well at poker. Enjoy Bali.

The Average Joe said...

Best of skill on losing the weight, but I wouldn't mind an extra $50 in you don't make it ;-)

Don in real life said...

I'll admit, I'm rooting against you!

bmanning said...

sweet ship me the 50 bucks yo.

also can you convert the kg to lbs as i'm too lazy to do it?

goober

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Good luck! I'm a tight ass so here's my comment for the poss free $50! LOL!

Ross said...

Lol well how could I not leave a comment! I'm not sure how realistic you weight loss goal is but good luck!
If you dont make it, Id rather you took my $50, played HU SNG's with it until you loose, take your $50 back and ship me the profit!

Anonymous said...

Did I make it in?

- Miron

Unknown said...

Good luck.

Wildcat said...

Yep good luck, break a leg or something ;)

Anonymous said...

For once main I am rooting against you...lol

grinder said...

yep im in , but ill probably take the payment in advice if thats ok !!
like maybe half a free lesson !!

Junkfoood said...

Nice, I'm in!

Gator said...

gonna be hard as hell to drop that much weight, but from what I've seen of you, you put your mind to it and you can pretty much achieve it.....hitting even the 80k hands is doable though, very doable....

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my website and this gave me an idea. Cheers.