Wednesday, June 17, 2009

went deep again

event 32 this time
It was another $2k buyin with a few less runners (1500 i think?)

I busted 44th about an hour ago for just under $10,000. I got pretty unlucky actually, getting KK in preflop against AQs (I 4 bet-shoved and he called) for what would've been a double average stack. He flopped a flush and I got like zero sweat. It was the kids first live event ever and he was shaking so much raking in the chips and for like the next 5hands afterwards. It was cute. Soon after I called a late position shove with AJs to find myself up against ATo for what would've brought me back to average. Two tens on the flop and I get no help and I'm down to about 10bbs. I ended up shoving blind versus blind with K3s and the same kid with AQ made a pretty sick call with K8o and busted me. GG main.



So i'm at like $51,000 on a $5500 investment so far this series.

my girlfriend flies in on friday so i wont be playing anymore events this week. i might play one more $1500 event before the main event, but not even sure about that. i might just relax and grind online.

well thats about it. im off to have a few beers by the pool while i think of what might have been

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up mate, not a bad return at all!

Don't use all your run good up before the Main Event!

Unknown said...

Hi man...I would like to invite you to take a look at poker staking if you want to be staked or stake somebody at any live events or some big buy-in tournaments. This staking community has already some top notch members like Tony G and Erik Seidel. Don't forget that the WCOOP has already been announced. Take a look at the sticky post on my site www.sharkandfishpoker.com for more info

Best Regards

tiltbad said...

I lol'd at the blog title.

Anonymous said...

NICE WORK JOHNNY - ITS MIKE CHOI FROM HYUNDAI ARION....KEEP IT UP!!!

nexairadu said...

Hi,

Juste a little note to say thank your for the gift (the 4$ helped my small bankroll well^^). I read a few articles and your blog is very interesting.
Even though you don't really need it I wish you good luck for the future.
Hope to see you again at microstakes^^

See you